About Me

My photo
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
It's no more than a glass box. Five panes of glass siliconed together to hold water. It's what you make of it, what you put in it and how you care for it that gives it the potential to shine.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Firewood and no flint.

Schools starts in eight hours.
Get to take baby Ibiza on a walk on her new harness in fourteen and half hours.
Malaysia is in 84 days.

I've realized something after I started doing my homework this week.
I'm not exactly the most driven person when it comes to completing set homework tasks and assignments.
Since year nine I've been a bottom of the class dweller.
Definitely doesn't have a plus to that in any way.
I know this year and the next will be probably the most important years of my student life.
And I've definitely started this year off really slack.
I've realized that I can't blame anyone else but me.
Homework has to be done, assignments to complete and hand in.
It's no one else' responsibility but mine to make sure they're done and handed in.
Although I've always known in the back of my mind that life is mine for the taking.
And that all the decisions in my life all come back to me in the end.
I've been avoiding all the little points in life that add up to be one big chunk of whats to be of me in the future.
Makes me a hypocrite for saying to most of my friends that the little things in life require just as much attention as the bigger things in life.
I've also realized that it answers a lot of my questions.
And puts up more for pondering about during the night.

I've been so blind and ignorant that I've missed all the little things sitting in the corner of my mind.
That I've missed out of so much in life, I've lost so many opportunities and so many once in a lifetime opportunities.
I can't get the one thing I want most in my life right now probably because I'm ignoring all the tiny bits of info.
I've forgotten all about planning for my camping trip with Luke because I'm too consumed with planning all the stupid probably useless things for my trip to Malaysia with Fi.
I've forgotten about who my friends have crushes on and what secrets they have shared with me that they've lost trust and reliance on me.
I would write more but I know what I have to do in life.
Although I have admit this, and it might sound like some silly little excuse.

Some of the little things in life I try to find.
They aren't exactly the easiest things to find.
Let alone acknowledge.
I hope I know what I'm doing.

TJ

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

That's personal growth right there - seeing the big picture.
I hope I'll get to that station soon.