About Me

My photo
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
It's no more than a glass box. Five panes of glass siliconed together to hold water. It's what you make of it, what you put in it and how you care for it that gives it the potential to shine.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tangled in your smile

I don't know if fate is worth believing in.
I have all these ideas about what I should be, who I should be.
What I should look like to other people, how I should act and feel.
I answers all these questions I have for myself with one word answers, never giving it a second thought.I now feel useless and stupid.
Wondering what I'm trying to do.
Everywhere I look, there's one of my friends or someone I know doing better at me in something I've wanted to be good at so badly.
I want to be known for something.
Acknowledged for something I've done.
I'm not saying I haven't accomplished anything.
They're just not very interesting accomplishments.
I feel deflated and dumb, useless and crappy.

However, I have found someone that provides me with relief from this everlasting disease called the "Never-beens disease." Has someone ever told you something casually in a conversation between you and them, and realized that just that one sentence or one word made you feel a lot more better about yourself? Or when they look at you and ignore what you haven't accomplished preferring to acknowledge the fact that you're trying?
Maybe it's just me being a loser and finding some kind of relief.
But it's something wonderful to know that someone is proud of you. So proud in fact, that they speak of it all the time. Letting you know just how much of a lovable loser you really are.

She's got me high,
I never wanna come down.
Because she's there at the end of the day to let me know just how proud she is of me for trying.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hey FishGuy,

Read your note > no, I'm not in the hospitality industry, how I wish... Hehe.

But my job pays my bills and occasionally buy me some shoes, so I'm not complaining :P

You're in OZ...studying?