About Me

My photo
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
It's no more than a glass box. Five panes of glass siliconed together to hold water. It's what you make of it, what you put in it and how you care for it that gives it the potential to shine.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Unnamed

Summer came and gone.
It was the vacations of vacations.
I've never gotten over having the time of my life sitting atop a 20 story building.
Staring at the cloudy sky, the steady stream of light shining through.
Beer in one hand.
Cigarette in the other.
My earphones lightly sending melodies and sounds of calm and slow joy through my ears and veins.
Times goes by and my month of bliss was up.
My time of bliss was quickly coming to an end.

Nothing perfect ever lasts.

Autumn came and past,
Thoughts of never being able to sit atop of what seemed a magical place.
A place of calm, serenity.
Pure heaven to the mind, body and soul.
Autumn was a confusing time for me.
I went through several mildly challenging moments.
I still came through...
Although there were times I wish I hadn't.

The human brain, pure genius.
Thanks father evolution.

Winter comes,
Dreading the day I turn sixteen.
Every year to my age just means more responsibilities.
More to worry about, more to take care of.
The stars are doing what they do best.
The moon, with it's enchanting iridescent glow.
The combination mixed in with gentle chilly breezes and the sounds of night.
Seems to take the weight of the world off my shoulders as long as I was lying out on my driveway.
Some call me quiet,
Some call me energetic.
I like my quiet moments.

Where does it all go.

Spring will soon put life into the withered plants and flowers.
Revive the hearts that died in the gloom of winter.
Love will find a select few of us.
It always does.
September is just another month to most.
I would've been a landmark moment for me.
Points taken off,
Now it's just another month of silent nights and a head full of impossible chances.
October will follow.
The eighth month of the year.
In all it's glory, it really has nothing to offer me.
Year after year.
October has never had a surprise for me.

Come November,
I await the thoughts and memories of sitting atop that twenty story building once more.


Where does the time go.
Spent waiting and wishing.

No comments: